Risk Assessment Awareness
This one-day workshop is split into two separate half day workshops.
Intended Learning Outcomes
Workshop 1 will cover:
- Principles of Risk Assessment
- Practical application of the HSE’s five steps to risk assessment
- Specific requirements for vulnerable persons
- Designing safe systems of work (method statements) from the risk assessment
- Practical Risk Assessment and Method statement exercise
Workshop 2 will cover:
- Incident and accident causation, recording and reporting
- The importance of behavioural safety
- Incident and accident investigation as detailed in HSG 245
- Information gathering
- Information Analysis
- Witness interview techniques
- Identification of immediate, underlying and root causes of incidents and accidents
- Recommending remedial action
- Report structure
- Practical accident investigation exercise
The two workshops have been designed as stand alone units and can therefore be used as such or in combination with other half day training sessions.
However, due to the overlap between the topics covered in each, the two workshops complement each other and combine to form a useful training day.
Rob Olorenshaw, Your Outcomes Ltd
There are no up-coming courses