Ready to book?
Are you ready to book your next course with us? Simply click on the Book Now button and it's a simple process. We look forward to welcoming you to Quality Safety Training.
More about our 3 day First Aid At Work training:
No matter the industry, having a first-aid-trained workforce saves more than just money – it could save lives. This course includes the Emergency First Aid at Work syllabus, and will equip you with essential first aid skills, as well as the confidence to use them in an emergency situation.
By the end of this course, delegates will gain a number of vital skills. They will…
- Become compliant with health and safety (first aid) regulations
- Understand first aid regulations in the workplace
- Know how to conduct a primary survey on a casualty
- Know how to administer CPR to a casualty
- Know how to put casualties in the recovery position
- Be able to deal with and respond to choking, wounds, bleeding and shock
- Be able to deal with and respond to burns, eye and head injuries, fractures and dislocations
- Know how to care for people suffering from asthma attacks, allergic reactions, nosebleeds, diabetic emergencies, epileptic seizures, heart attacks and strokes
- Be able to deal with and respond to hyperventilation, fainting, sprains and strains, poisoning and drowning
- Understand the importance of record keeping
This three-day course is held by our highly trained and experienced tutors.
- The role of the first aider
- Managing an emergency
- Communication and casualty care
- Bleeding (minor and severe)
- Bone, muscle and joint injuries
- Burns and scalds
- Chest pains (including heart attacks)
- Choking (adults)
- Eye injuries
- Defibrillator prompts and how to respond to them
- Head injuries
- Health and safety (first aid) regulations
- Low blood sugar
- Resuscitation (adult CPR)
- Seizures (adults)
- Severe allergic reactions
- Spinal injuries
- Unresponsive casualties
- Defibrillator pad placement
Certification and Assessment:
At the end of the course, delegates will be assessed using a multiple-choice exam paper and various practical assessments – both of which have an 80% pass mark. Once they pass, they’ll be awarded a QST certificate that is valid for three years.
Not sure if this is the right course?
Then please contact us to find out if this course is for you.
Give our friendly team a call and we'll be happy to help.
Drop us an email with your requirements, someone will be in touch with you within 24 hours.
Basepoint Business Centre,
Book your 3 day First Aid at Work training course by selecting a date below
First Aid at Work