Ready to book?
Are you ready to book your next course with us? Simply click on the Book Now button and it's a simple process. We look forward to welcoming you to Quality Safety Training.
More about our 3 day First Aid At Work training
The First aid at work training course provides the necessary set of practical skills needed by first aiders in the majority of workplaces to become a confident first aider at work. Giving delegates both the skills and knowledge to deal with first aid emergencies. This course meets the standards required to help comply with Health and Safety (First aid) regulations. First Aid at Work training includes the Emergency First Aid at Work syllabus
- Understand workplace first aid regulations.
- Know how to conduct a primary survey on a casualty.
- Know how to administer CPR to a casualty.
- Know how to put casualties in the recovery position.
- Be able to deal with and respond to choking, wounds, bleeding and shock.
- Be able to deal with and respond to burns, eye and head injuries, fractures and dislocations.
- Know how to care for people suffering from asthma attacks, allergic reactions, nosebleeds, diabetic emergencies, epileptic seizures, heart attacks and strokes.
- Be able to deal with and respond to hyperventilation, fainting, sprains and strains, poisoning and drowning.
- Understand the importance of recordkeeping.
This is a 3 day course.
- The role of the first aider
- Managing an emergency
- Communication and casualty care
- Bleeding (minor and severe)
- Bone, muscle and joint injuries
- Burns and scalds
- Chest pains (including heart attack)
- Choking (adult)
- Eye injuries
- Defibrillator prompts and how to respond
- Head injuries
- Health and safety (first aid) regulations
- Low blood sugar
- Resuscitation (adult CPR)
- Seizures (adult)
- Severe allergic reaction
- Spinal injuries
- Unresponsive casualty
- Defibrillator pad placement
Certification and Assessment
Delegates will be assessed by a multiple-choice exam paper as well as practical assessments at the end of the course which both have an 80% pass mark.
Not sure if this is the right course?
Then please contact us to find out if this course is for you.
Give our friendly team a call and we'll be happy to help.
Drop us an email with your requirements, someone will be in touch with you within 24 hours.
Basepoint Business Centre,
Book your 3 day First Aid at Work training course by selecting a date below
First Aid at Work