Ready to book?
Are you ready to book your next course with us? Simply click on the Book Now button and it's a simple process. We look forward to welcoming you to Quality Safety Training.
More About Abrasive Wheels Training in Exeter, Devon:
Most accidents involving abrasive wheels happen when the wrong type of wheel is used, or when it’s been fitted incorrectly. While these hazards are highly dangerous, they are also easy to avoid when staff are properly trained. Our classroom-based course will bring you up-to-speed on the most recent legislation regarding abrasive wheels, helping you spot hazards and avoid costly accidents.
After this course, delegates will be well-informed on how to work with abrasive wheels, based on the Abrasive Wheels Code of Practice 1992, and the PUWER 1998. They also will be able to recognise hazards associated with abrasive wheels and disc cutters, and how to ensure they don’t turn into problems.
This four-hour classroom-based course will be held by our expert tutors.
- Overview of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Overview of the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999, particularly in terms of risk assessment
- Overview of the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998
- What is an abrasive wheel?
- Abrasive wheel-related accidents – why do they happen?
- Identifying, selecting and inspecting the appropriate abrasive wheel. This module gives delegates an understanding of BS 4481 (the marking of abrasive wheels) and BS EN 12413 1999 (restrictions on use)
- The correct storage of abrasive wheels
- Inspecting the wheel prior to fitting
- Mounting the wheel, with particular emphasis on the correct use of washers and blotters
- Guards and tool rests
ASSESSMENT / CERTIFICATE:
At the end of the course, delegates will be assessed using a multiple-choice exam paper. Once they pass, they’ll be awarded a QST certificate that’s valid for three years.
Not sure if this is the right course?
Then please contact us to find out if this course is for you.
Give our friendly team a call and we'll be happy to help.
Drop us an email with your requirements, someone will be in touch with you within 24 hours.
Basepoint Business Centre,
Book your Abrasive Wheel Training course by selecting a date below