Ready to book?
Are you ready to book your next eLearning course with us? Simply click on the Book Now button and it's a simple process. We look forward to welcoming you to Quality Safety Training.
More about our Book Level 1 Health & Safety In A Construction Environment eLearning course
In January 2016, CSCS made it compulsory that you must hold a Level 1 qualification OR attend a 1-day course as well as having passed the HS&E Touch Screen test in order to obtain a Green CSCS Labourer card. Our Level 1 E-learning qualification is accepted and approved by CSCS to obtain this card. A full list of accepted and approved qualifications/courses by CSCS can be found here.
This course is aimed at those delegates who are starting out in the construction industry and/or need to obtain a green Labourer CSCS card. This online course is equivalent to the CITB Site Safety Plus Health and Safety Awareness course.
Delegates will learn essential health and safety skills across a range of areas, including how to spot and avoid hazards as well as be able to identify how their role fits into the control and management of the site.
120 minutes (Note: This is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off. It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions).
Who should attend a CITB 1-day course?
Anyone who requires a CSCS Labourers Card (Green Card) and anyone who is entering the construction industry and requires a basic knowledge and understanding of health and safety should attend this course.
- Module 1: Introduction (pass required, 70%)
- Module 2: Hazards, Risks, Assessments and Controls (pass required, 70%)
- Module 3: Slips, Trips, Falls and Working at Height (pass required, 70%)
- Module 4: Manual Handling (pass required, 70%)
- Module 5: Plant, Machinery and Noise (pass required, 70%)
- Module 6: Respiratory Risks (pass required, 70%)
- Module 7: Fire, Electricity and Gas Safety (pass required, 70%)
- Module 8: Chemicals and Other Onsite Hazards (pass required, 70%)
- Module 9: Vehicles, PPE and General Safety (pass required, 70%)
How It Works:
- The 1HSC course is completed and an online certificate is issued. This is completed in delegates' own time at their own pace on their mobile or computer/laptop.
- Delegates will be emailed their online invigilated exam login details 72 hours after they have completed the course. They can then take their exam whenever they choose but it MUST be on a laptop or computer running Google Chrome. Please note, the exam must be taken within 2 weeks of completing the 1HSC course.
- Once the online invigilated exam has been marked and confirmed as a pass, an accredited certificate will be issued.
- Delegates who have already passed the HS&E touch screen test within the last two years, can order their CSCS card right away. If not, this needs to be booked and passed at a local Pearson Vue centre. Please note, there is no particular order in which the 1HSC course and HS&E touch screen test need to be taken. Although we always recommend doing the course first so it can act as a bit of revision.
- On successfully passing the HS&E touch screen test, the Green Labourer CSCS card can then be ordered.
We are offering the QST Green Card Package (GCP):
- 1 x license for the Level 1 Health and Safety in a Construction Environment course.
- 1 x license for an online invigilated exam for the Level 1 Health and Safety in a Construction Environment course.
- 1 x touch screen test at a local Pearson Vue centre.
- 1 x CSCS Green Labourer card.
We take care of all the booking and all of the admin.
An online certificate is issued on completion of the online course. A further accredited certificate will be issued once the online invigilated exam has been passed, this certificate can be used to apply for your CSCS Green Labourer card.
- No electronic devices can be used or in the room
- No other tabs are allowed to be open on the computer
- No one else is allowed in the room at the time of the exam
- No written notes
- Only water in a clear glass or clear bottle (labels must be removed from bottles) is allowed, no other food or drink
Please bear in mind that the online invigilated exam rules are very strict, if any of the above rules are broken, it will be considered as an instant fail
Minimum Exam Requirements:
- Computer or laptop (no phones)
- Google Chrome web browser
- Photo ID
Not sure if this is the right course?
Then please contact us to find out if this course is for you.
Give our friendly team a call and we'll be happy to help.
Drop us an email with your requirements, someone will be in touch with you within 24 hours.
Basepoint Business Centre,