To provide an awareness to delegates about the hazards and risks posed by asbestos containing materials (ACM's) and to also educate delegates on the legalisation in place to safeguard themselves and others affected by work activities and to make delegates aware of how to avoid the risks involved.
This is a 3-hour course
- Overview of legislation such as the Control of Asbestos regulations 2012
- Health Effects of Asbestos Exposure
- Identifying potential asbestos containing material
- Types and properties of Asbestos
- The action required when asbestos materials are suspected
- Work Methods
Who Should Attend?
This course is aimed at anyone who has no intention of removing asbestos but work on buildings built or refurbished before the year 2000. Asbestos awareness training should be given to delegates whose work could foreseeably disturb the fabric of a building and expose them to asbestos or who supervise or influence the work. This includes, but not limited to:
General maintenance staff
Painters & Decorators
Heating & Ventilation Engineers
Computer & Data installer
Fire & burglar alarm installers
Architects, building surveyors and other such professionals