The following sets out the appeals procedure Quality Safety Training LTD. This procedure covers the process for raising appeals against an academic decision that has been made. Should a learner feel that proper process has not been followed or that the academic decision was not made in accordance with the regulations of the programme of learning then they may appeal to the Business Manager via one of the following methods:
Call: 01392 826228
Write to: Unit 89, Basepoint Business Centre, Yeoford Way, Marsh Barton, EX2 8LB
Examples of areas where an appeal may be raised are as follows:
1. If the learner believes that Quality Safety Training LTD has not applied our procedures consistently or that procedures were not followed properly, consistently and fairly;
2. If the learner is not satisfied with the conduct of the assessment and believed it disadvantaged them; and
3. If the learner feels that the premises/environment for assessment has disadvantaged them.
(Should a learner wish to appeal against a decision made after a complaint has been investigated then please refer to our Complaints Procedure).
When you contact us, please give us your full name, contact details, and include a daytime telephone number along with:
- A full description of your appeal (including the subject matter and dates and times if known);
2. Any names of the people you have dealt with so far;
3. Copies of any papers or letters to do with the appeal; and
4. Any other factors for consideration such as any extenuating circumstances that the learner either did not address at the time or believes that were raised but were not taken into consideration when the decision was made.
Appeals will be investigated and a review panel may be formed in order to reach a decision. We aim to investigate and respond to appeals in 30 working days.
This will be the final route of escalation within our company. Therefore, if you remain unhappy after following our own internal appeals procedure and the course is accredited then please contact the Awarding Organisation directly. (please request details)
Should you address your appeal to the relevant awarding body and remain unhappy with the outcome you may then raise your appeal to the relevant qualification regulator. Either a representative of Quality Safety Training LTD or the awarding body will be able to offer you guidance on the appropriate qualification regulator in each instance and provide contact details.
The following relates to appeals regarding publicly funded qualifications in Scotland only. Should you have undertaken a publicly funded qualification in Scotland, wish to make an appeal and you have exhausted the procedures of Quality Safety Training LTD, and the Awarding Organisation, and the relevant qualification regulator then you do have one final route of appeal. Please contact the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman (SPSO) directly, details can be located on their website: www.spso.org.uk
If you have any queries about the contents of this policy, please contact the Business Manager directly on 01392 826228 or email@example.com